I would like something with maybe a mexican flavor or chicken recipe….just as long as it tastes great, is easy to make, and uses lots of cheese (I love using cheese in my main dishes).
Broccoli, Chicken and Cheese Casserole
2 packages frozen broccoli
2 – 3 cups cooked chicken – cut up
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup mayo
1 small onion, chopped into small pieces
1/2 stick butter
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crumbled
Cook broccoli according to package directions, drain. Add all ingredients together, except the Ritz crackers and butter. Mix well, pour into a baking dish.
Melt the butter, add the cracker crumbs, and mix well. Add to the top of the casserole.
Bake 15 – 20 minutes in a 400° F oven until hot and bubbly.
Chicken Taco Casserole
1 package small corn tortillas
3 tablespoons butter
4 ounces cup sliced fresh mushrooms (omit or add canned mushrooms to save a step)
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 small jar green taco sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 cups cooked diced chicken
1 small can chopped green chili peppers
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or half Cheddar, half Monterey Jack
Cut or tear the corn tortillas into bite-size pieces; set aside.
In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender. Remove mushrooms; set aside.
Add flour to melted butter and stir until blended and smooth. Slowly, stirring constantly, add the milk to the saucepan, cooking until thickened and smooth. Return the cooked mushrooms to the sauce.
Add taco sauce and chili powder to the mushroom sauce.
In large shallow casserole dish make a layer of the tortilla pieces. On top of the tortilla pieces, place a layer of chicken pieces.
Top chicken with chopped green chiles. Pour the sauce evenly over all and top with the shredded cheese. Cover with aluminum foil
Bake at 350° F. for 30 – 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove foil last 10 minutes of baking.
Refrigerate, covered, for a few hours before baking for best flavor.
Makes about 6-8 servings.
Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Spice up a chilly winter’s evening with this dish!
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2-1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast meat
1 can (7 oz.) diced green chiles
1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning mix (regular)
8 corn tortillas
1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix. Layer half of tortillas in prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture, beans and 1 cup of cheese. Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
This is so good! All chicken and cheesy!
Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole
For the Sauce:
2 pounds tomatillos
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup chopped white onion
1/3 cup chopped cilantro, lightly packed
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup whipping cream
For the Enchiladas:
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. To make the sauce, husk the tomatillos and rinse them under warm water to remove any stickiness and dirt. Broil the tomatillos on a foil-lined baking sheet 1 to 2 inches from the heat, turning them once, until they are softened and slightly charred, about 7 to 9 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the white onions and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the tomatillos to a blender and add the sautéed onions, cilantro, green chilies, cumin, sugar, and salt and puree until smooth.
4. Return the tomatillo sauce to the skillet and cook it over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Add the broth and cream and continue cooking until the sauce is slightly thickened and not watery, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add more salt if desired.
5. To make the enchiladas, brush both sides of the tortillas lightly with oil and lay them on a cookie sheet in stacks of two. Heat them in a 375°F oven just until they’re soft and pliable, about 3 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, half of the Cheddar, half of the Monterey Jack, the chopped onion, and the salt. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce to the chicken mixture and toss to combine.
7. Spread a third of the remaining sauce in the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla. Roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the other tortillas. Pour the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack and Cheddar on top of the casserole.
8. Bake the casserole until the enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.
Cheese on toast smothered in Bovril.
Here is my chicken rice combo dish that has a bit of mexican flavor (not a lot so add more chili powder) and lots of cheese!
Everyonne loves this recipe when I make it
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced and cubed in small chunks
3/4 cup uncooked rice
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (with juice)
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup water
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
8 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon oil
3 cloves minced garlic
Cut chicken breasts into bite size cubes.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of cumin.
Place in a bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil and garlic.
Mix well, pour over chicken cubes, cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
Chop the onions and green chilies.
In a 3 qt shallow baking dish, combine the cream of chicken soup, rice, onions, chilies and spices
Add the chicken and marinade, mix together, cover tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Top with lots of cheddar cheese & cilantro (optional) and serve immediately- serving size is 1 cup.
chiken parmesan , fry boneless skinless chicken breast [not breaded] with oregano garlic powder or spices of your choice put chicken in cassarole dish add spaghetti sauce top with lots of cheese -mozzerella or provalone- or your choice of cheese broil until cheese melts serve with side of spaghetti and of course garlic CHEESY bread enjoy!